We’re starting our annual list of the best things to do in Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu for New Year’s Eve a little early. Though many more dining and festive options are still to be determined, we thought it would be helpful to share what we know so far. As we learn of new events, we’ll add them.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
* Waikiki Beach hosts a fireworks show from a barged just offshore from Waikiki Beach. The show starts at 11:55pm with one firework every minute before midnight. Then at midnight, the big show begins. If you have a radio nearby, tune in to Hawaiian 105 KINE FM to enjoy music timed with the fireworks. For more information, see. This fireworks show is free and open to the public.
* The “” provides a fireworks show every hour starting at 9pm to build excitement for the big finale at midnight. In addition to the fireworks show, this party includes, live music and DJs, a ferris wheel, games and and over 40 food trucks. Read more about the attractions . This event is held at in Honolulu. starts at $30, however for a short time, Groupon is offering a
*on Oahu’s leeward coast will host a large fireworks show from the lagoons. Details to be announced.
* For many years Aloha Tower Marketplace in Honolulu puts on one of the biggest fireworks shows on the island. We are currently seeking information on the status of any fireworks show from Aloha Tower Marketplace this year. Watch for updates.
New Year’s Eve Waikiki Concerts, Cruises, Parties Clubs
* New Year’s Eve Lux at theis a black tie and gown event for guests age 21 years and older. Tickets start at $100 plus fees. See for more information.
* The clubat near Waikiki is hosting a New Year’s Eve party for guests age 21 and older. Tickets start at $75 plus fees. See .
*hosts their Pink Party at the Monarch Terrace, Ocean Lawn and Mai Tai Bar with views of the Waikiki fireworks show. General admission is $50. For $199 you can reserve a table plus dine as specialty stations. For more information and reservations, call the Starwood Dining Desk at 808-921-4600.
* New Year’s Eve Celebration at the Banyan Courtyard at the oceanfront Moana Surfrider hotel should have Waikiki Beach fireworks views. Pre-sale tickets are $75 for adults and $35 for children. For more information.
* The Star of Honolulu is offeringwith pricing starting at $75.
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Prix-Fixe/Set Menu Dinners
* D. K. Steak House at the Marriott Waikiki Beach: four courses for $65. See this l.
*at the Moana Surfrider will offer prix-fixe dinners in two different seating time spans. The earlier seating (until 7:30pm) offers four courses for $100 for adults and $45 for children. The later seating time span, from 8:30pm to 10:30pm, includes five courses for $185 for adults and $75 for children. Guests dining at the second seating will also have access to the Banyan Courtyard New Year’s Eve Celebration. See for more information. This restaurant has an ocean view.
*at the The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel (on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki Beach): Four courses for $125 per person. See the . This restaurant is ocean front.
*at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki: Four courses with champagne for $135 for adults and $55 for children. See for more information.
*at the Waikiki Parc: multi-course Japanese/sushi style dinner starting at $180 per person. See .
*at the The Royal Hawaiian: five courses $199 per person. See the . This restaurant has an ocean view.
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffets
*at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani: New Year’s Eve buffet for $47 for adults and $23.50 for children. See the .
*at Sheraton Waikiki: Menu and pricing (starting at $93 for adults and $46.50 for children) details . This restaurant has an ocean front view.
*at Hyatt Regency Waikiki: $65 for adults and $19 for kids. See the .
Other Waikiki Restaurants Open for New Year’s Eve
The following restaurants are open and have seating available on New Year’s Eve at the time of publishing. They may offer a special menu for the evening, however that information was not available at the time of publishing.
*at the Pacific Beach Hotel – this restaurant normally offers a New Year’s Eve buffet that’s reasonably (relatively speaking) priced.
*at 226 Lewers Street in Waikiki – this restaurant usually provides special holiday menus in addition to their standard menu.
*at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel – this restaurant usually offers a special, reasonably priced, prix-fixe New Year’s Eve dinner.
*at Outrigger Reef of the Beach Hotel – this oceanfront restaurant serves elegant a la carte dinners.
*at the Prince Waikiki hotel – this restaurant offers lovely harbor views.
*at the top of the Ilikai – this restaurant offers great harbor, Honolulu city lights and Waikiki views.
* Hilton Hawaiian Village’sand restaurants usually have special New Year’s Eve menus. Both restaurants have lovely ocean views.
As you’re making your Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list of great things to do, please note the following:
Note to journalists, bloggers and publishers – if you are referencing this page for your own article please provide a link to this post and/or GoVisitHawaii.com. This post is a result of hours of research, phone calls, emails, etc.